Interim works were completed by Sisk in 1999.
Phase 2 commenced in 2000 and delivered:
- Replacement facilities linked to existing hospital
- Refurbishments/upgrades in medical records, staff changing, concourse area, administration, wards and ultra-sound/CAT scan
- New wards in Blocks 2 A & 2 C in 3 & 4-storey units
- Block 2 B offices/entrance
- Radiotherapy centre
Live 24 hour operational hospital environment
- 2,000 hospital staff
- 15,000 hospital visitors per day
- 45 separate partial possessions were handed over in the course of the works
- 1.5million man-hours
- 533 separate subcontractors/suppliers managed, monitored & controlled for production, cost control, schedule adherence and Quality.