The site was located adjacent to Circular Road in Sligo. Initially the site had existing buildings and a 4 bay handball alley. Demolition was required to prepare for construction of the new school. The site for demolition of the handball alley and provision of temporary accommodation was located on the north side of Circular Road, Sligo adjacent to an existing sports field and the old 1890’s school building. This school building is a protected structure.