Current region > United Kingdom
Client : 3M Healthcare Ltd
Value : £1.8m
Sisk have completed works at 3M’s existing Loughborough plant to deliver a GMP cleanroom facility and associated offices.
Our works comprised the following elements:
· Ground Floor Batch Vessel Room, Filling Room and Transition Airlock
· Mezzanine Plant Room Deck, associated walkways and access
· Roof mounted external Plant Platform
· All associated Mechanical Ventilation and heating, separate small power and lighting
The underpinning design considerations on the project were:
· All internal finishes to be hygienic and easily cleaned with no ledges or dirt traps.
· Finishes within the Batch Vessel and Filling Room to be ethanol resistant although any spillages would be cleaned up quickly.
· The Batch Vessel and Transition Airlock rooms require all finishes to be anti-static and the floor to be static dissipative.
· The sealing of the rooms including ceilings and doors, escape hatches, lights, air conditioning etc were critical to the project as there are pressure regimes to prevent possible escapes of ethanol vapours and gasses into the rest of the facility.