Current region > Global
Galen Chemicals (Warner Chilcott)
Client : Galen Chemicals Ltd
Value : €8.3m
The works consisted of the modification, alteration & extension of the existing Building B of the Xerox Technology Park to allow for the construction of laboratory & office space. Building A remained occupied throughout the works.
The works comprised of the following elements:
• Building of a new reception area at the North East corner which requires alteration to the existing structural steel.
• Extended first floor within the existing building.
• Replacement of façade to the East elevation and part of the South elevation.
• Replacement curtain walling within part of the North elevation.
• Stripping out of existing services to facilitate the new build including within the existing building.
• Forming of new entrance to the site and separating the car park area from the adjacent car park of Building A
• Forming new car park North of the existing facility.
• Demolition and closing off of part of the link corridor between Building A and Building B.
• Security fencing to the North and South of the site to ensure security of Building ‘A’ and Building ‘B’ service areas at all times.
• Complete reconfiguration and fit-out of existing toilets on ground floor and provision of new toilets to existing first floor.
• Forming of a new raised roof and clear storey lighting.
• Fit-out of new analytical laboratories and offices/ancillary areas on part of the ground floor of the existing building (below the new first floor).
• Fit out of new canteen on ground floor level
• Construction of new steel & concrete stair to south east corner and upgrading of existing stair to north east corner.
• Modification to existing shaft and supply and installation of new passenger lift.
• Fit-out of new clinical medicinal lab & ancillary offices etc. at ground floor to include works to façade & provision of secondary steel structure to accommodate storage/ service zone above.
• Complete installation of lab benches and furniture.
• Fit-out of part of the new first floor (approx. 50%) and the existing first floor