Current region > Global
Clarion Hotel Sligo
Client : Michael Fitzgerald & Sons Ltd
Value : €52m
With the Architects and Structural Engineers novated, John Sisk & Son completed five separate contracts on the redevelopment of the former St. Columba’s Hospital (formerly a psychiatric hospital), all on a Design & Build basis. The original building was constructed in 1855 and is a protected structure:
An extensive enabling works including demolitions, removal of fire damage and extensive asbestos content.
Construction of the new Clarion Hotel, utilising the former hospital façade and footprint with:
- 167 bedrooms
- 91 living areas
- A large function hall, health suite, swimming pool and miscellaneous public areas.
- 75 two-bed apartments (in two contracts) linked to hotel.
- 62 three-bed student apartments.
Psychiatric patients were relocated in 1992 into a new building adjacent the hotel